Kaydon Bearings is a Michigan-based manufacturer of thin section ball bearings and slewing ring bearings for the aerospace and defense industries, heavy equipment, medical systems, renewable energy applications and the semiconductor manufacturing industry. The company was founded by a former Naval Engineer in 1941 to produce large precision bearings for naval gun mounts. Kaydon is now known for its Reali-Slim® and Ultra-Slim® bearings which are considered among the lightest, thinnest, and largest precise-tolerance bearings available today.
- Kaydon Thin Section Bearings Kaydon Thin Section Bearing.
Kaydon has patented a process they call Thinfinite® engineering and applied it the manufacture of its Reali-Slim® and Ultra-Slim® bearings. Reali-Slim® bearings product lines include: Reali-Slim® Open Bearings which feature a single cross section that remains constant as the bore diameter is increased, as well as internal fit up, lubricants, separators are available in stainless steel or in the corrosion-resistant Endura-Slim®, or Endurakote® plated series.
- Kaydon Reali-Slim® open thin section ball bearings range in bore diameters from 1.000 inch to 40.000 inches. The seven series in the Reali-Slim® product line range from .187 x .187 inch to 1.000 x 1.000 inch in cross section. Open bearings are available from stock in three configurations: angular contact bearings (Type A), Conrad assembled deep groove radial ball bearings (Type C), and four-point contact radial bearings (Type X).
- Kaydon Reali-Slim® Sealed Bearings, which feature integral seals, pre-lubricated with grease from the factory, standard Nitrile rubber sealing, (with other sealing element materials also available),
and a light contact lip on the inner race which minimizes frictional drag while excluding contaminants.
Kaydon Reali-Slim® bearings are also available in metric sizes in the Reali-Slim® MM produce line which can be customized with ceramic balls, integral seals, and special lubrication.
- Kaydon Ultra-Slim® bearings (available as angular contact, deep groove radial, or four-point contact radial) are made of corrosion-resistant stainless steel (hybrid ceramic bearings also available), come in bore sizes ranging from 35 mm to 170 mm, and are designed with the needs of applications ranging from robotics to cameras, satelites, and inspection equipment.
Kaydon Slewing Ring BearingsKaydon Slewing Ring Bearings
- Kaydon RK Series Slewing Ring Bearings.
These pre-engineered light profile slewing ring bearings offer high performance and reduced weight due to an optimized geometry that handles a combination of moment and thrust loads. Ideal for
foundry shakeout tables, palletizers, wire winders, cable reels, welding tables and turntable applications where intermittent rotation and low velocity are present.
- Kaydon MT Series Slewing Ring Bearings.
MT slewing ring bearings provide optimal economy and capacity for a given envelope dimension. MT series heavy duty bearings are an economical replacement for kingpost designs and utilize the same four-point contact design concept as our heavier duty slewing ring bearings, providing exceptional radial, moment, and thrust load capacities. Ideally suited for applications such as truck
mounted cranes, hoists, and non-precision industrial tables and positioners.
- Kaydon KH Series Slewing Ring Bearings.
KH series heavy duty slewing rings are designed to provide precise positioning with consistent repeatability, in applications where rotation is constant, intermittent or oscillating. They are the ideal bearing for advanced rotary index tables or any design where the bearing will interface with other
precision mechanical components.
- Kaydon HS Series Slewing Ring BearingsKaydon Custom Bearing.
HS series pre-engineered, light profile slewing rings feature rectangular cross sections, which allow for alternate hole patterns, improve stiffness, and the potential for more capacity. Ideal for cranes, aerial lifts, digger derricks, chute swivels, lift truck rotators, and industrial turntables.