It all began in 1949, when Minnesota inventor Sterling Stageberg designed a unique mechanical variable speed transmission drive. Stageberg’s design varied the output speed from a constant input from zero to maximum. Initially, it was used on automotive windshield wipers and became an instant success. The product filled an important industry need at the time, which helped launch the company. It also provided the idea for the Zero-Max brand, a name carried on all of today’s Zero-Max products sold throughout the world.
Flexible Shaft Couplings
Shaft misalignment can limit the performance of machines, cause excessive wear, and often lead to premature failure. Flexible shaft couplings can help prevent these issues by transmitting torque while also accommodating for parallel, axial, and angular misalignment between drive components. High performance flexible shaft couplings can also reduce vibration, dampen noise, and protect drive shaft components from overload.
- Composite Disc Couplings
Our Composite Disc shaft couplings (CD® Couplings) deliver high performance with zero backlash, and are designed to withstand the rigors of the most demanding servomotor systems. We manufacture the functional parts of our composite disc shaft couplings from precision-oriented, aerospace-grade, layered composite materials. Available options include single-flex, double-flex, and floating shaft couplings with either set screw type, bushing type, or clamp type hubs,
- ServoClass® Shaft Couplings
The ServoClass shaft coupling provides the optimal blend of performance, durability, and price. These flexible shaft couplers are manufactured from high-quality materials using state-of-the-art CNC manufacturing equipment, allowing Zero-Max to offer high performance, flexible shaft couplings at highly competitive prices.
- Control-Flex Shaft Couplings
Control-Flex shaft couplings are specially designed and manufactured for use with feedback devices such as tachometers and encoders. These flexible shaft couplings are engineered for zero backlash operation to ensure accuracy. Additional features include clamp hubs for superior,
- Schmidt Couplings
Zero-Max’s Schmidt shaft couplings are uniquely designed to handle applications with challenging or extreme misalignments. Our line of shaft couplings include models for large shaft offsets and inline shaft applications.
- Zero-Max® Adjustable Speed Drives: Fractional horsepower drives (through 1 1/2 hp). The Zero-Max® Adjustable Speed Drive provides infinitely variable speeds from 0 rpm to 1/4 of input rpm.
- Crown Gear Drives: Where dependable, low cost right angle power transfer is needed, Crown Gear provides the most satisfactory and practical solution.
- CD (Composite Disc) CouplingsCD® (Composite Disc) Couplings: Unique design offers torsional rigidity while allowing for angular, parallel and axial shaft misalignments. For Zero-Backlash applications such as servomotors, printing presses and packaging equipment. U.S. Patent 5221232
- Torq-Tender® and H-TLC Torque Limiters: Dependable, durable, low-cost torque limiters that provide mechanical overload protection in power transmission systems. H-TLC U.S. Patent 4593800
- Schmidt Couplings: Offset and inline couplings for large and small parallel shaft misalignments. Control-Flex® Couplings for encoders, tachometers, resolvers, small pumps, non-critical servo and stepper motor applications, and others. Patented
- ETP® Bushings: The ETP® bushing is a keyless shaft locking device. The unique design of the ETP® bushing allows for easy assembly and disassembly of component parts. Trademark of ETP transmission AB of sweden. A registered trademark of ETP Transmissions AB of Sweden.
- Roh’lix® Linear Actuators: Maintenance-free linear actuators with thrust capability up to 200 pounds, featuring overload protection. U.S. Patent 4947698
- ServoClass® Couplings: ServoClass® couplings are specifically designed to meet the precision positioning requirements and high reverse-load characteristics common to many AC and DC servomotor applications. Zero-Backlash
- Phas-Lok Hubs: Phas-Lok® phasing devices allow for accurate, stepless adjustment of chain driven components.
- OHLA: The Overhung Load Adaptor absorbs both radial and axial shaft loading created by overhung loads on motor and pump shafts.